SURPLUS LINES INSURANCE BROKER – Any person placing insurance coverage with a non-admitted carrier, after exhausting the admitted market.
No pro-rating, non-refundable $50.00 application fee.
Two (2) years. Expires September 30th every EVEN year.
How to Apply:
- Residents are required to hold an active/good standing Producer Property & Casualty license in Connecticut.
- No Pre-licensing course is required before taking the Surplus Lines exam.
- Download the License Handbook and schedule the exam.
- After passing the exam, apply by going to National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). Under Licensing Center, select “Apply for a New License.”
(Note: you do not need to submit the passed examination to the Department, we will verify this information with our vendor.)
How to Renew:
How to Amend Lines of Authority:
How to Reinstate a License:
After September 30th every EVEN year, apply by going to National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). Under Licensing Center, select “Apply for a New License.”
How to change License information: (ie.: demographics)
Print a copy of the license:
Initial Education Requirements:
- No pre-licensing course is required.
- Residents must hold an active/good standing Producer Property & Casualty license in Connecticut.
Waivers due to Designations:
Renewal Continuing Education (CE) Requirements:
Connecticut does not require CE for any Surplus Lines Broker.
Cancel the license:
Important Consumer Information: