State of Connecticut
Connecticut Insurance Department


Insurance agents (also known as producers), adjusters and other entities dealing in insurance must be licensed by the Connecticut Insurance Department to do business in the state. The following information will help you determine what license you need, how to apply and how to update and renew your license.

Renewals in Progress

Before renewing please make sure CID has your current mailing address and email address. You can verify and/or update the information with our Online License Update Tool.

Renew Online (NIPR) - Producers, P&C Claims Adjuster, MVPD Appraiser, Public Adjuster, Surplus Lines licenses ONLY

Producer Renewal

Public Adjuster

Life Settlement Broker

News & Updates

02/22/2018: (NEW) Biennial Company Appointment Renewals Announcement

01/18/2018: (NEW) Travel License Update

12/20/2017: Birth Month Expiration for Individual Producers

11/09/2017: Insurance Commissioner Warns of Insurance Solicitation by NY-based entity

9/13/2017: BULLETIN L-22 Changes To The Licensing Requirements Applicable To Individuals and Business Entities Marketing Travel Insurance Products

Connecticut Insurance Department
About Licensing Unit
Phone: 860-297-3845